Is Renasant Bank a cheap or expensive mortgage lender? To help you shop for a mortgage, we compare the interest rates and closing costs charged by Renasant Bank to those of other lenders for a comparable set of borrowers. Here is our review of Renasant Bank nationally:
|Review Item||Renasant Bank|
|Interest Rate||similar to other lenders (-0.04%)|
|Loan Related Closing Costs||similar to other lenders (-$110)|
|National Rate and Closing Cost Star Rating||(4)|
On average, Renasant Bank’s interest rates were similar to those of other lenders (-0.04%). Its loan related closing costs were also similar to those of other lenders, with a difference of -$110. Overall, combining interest rates and closing costs we estimate that Renasant Bank tends to be an average cost lender, and give it a National Rate and Closing Costs Rating of 4 out of 5 stars.
We maintain our independence by not accepting any money from the mortgage lenders we review. To visit Renasant Bank, check out its website at: https://www.renasantbank.com.
Renasant Bank’s Rate Review by City
Mortgage lenders often set different rates in different geographical markets. For our list of the top mortgage lenders by city, click here. In particular, among the cities we track Renasant Bank was most active in:
In addition, Renasant Bank is our top ranked/best mortgage lender in terms of interest rate and closing costs in:
- Tupelo, MS, for Jumbo mortgages
- Dothan, AL, for FHA mortgages
- Albertville, AL, overall
- Roanoke, VA, for FHA mortgages
- Lynchburg, VA, for FHA mortgages
- New Albany, MS, overall
- Myrtle Beach, SC, for FHA mortgages
- Thomasville, GA, overall
- Meridian, MS, for FHA mortgages
- Lincoln, AL, for Conforming mortgages
- Dublin, GA, for FHA mortgages
- Statesboro, GA, overall
- Franklin, NC, for FHA mortgages
Renasant Bank’s Rate Review by Mortgage Type
Mortgage lenders also tend to charge different interest rates and closing costs depending on the type of mortgage. In our data, Renasant Bank originated Conforming, FHA, Jumbo, USDA and VA mortgages for new home purchases and refinances. Its average interest rate and total loan related closing cost difference relative to other lenders by mortgages type is as follows.
|New Purchase Mortgages||Conforming||FHA||Jumbo||USDA||VA|
|Interest Rate Difference||-0.03%||-0.10%||+0.03%||-0.06%||-0.02%|
|Loan Related Closing Cost Difference||-$26||-$207||-$17||+$23||-$32|
|Cost Adjusted Rate Difference||-0.04%||-0.12%||+0.03%||-0.06%||-0.03%|
|National Star Rating|
|Interest Rate Difference||-0.03%||-0.01%||+0.03%||+0.00%||-0.00%|
|Loan Related Closing Cost Difference||-$251||-$48||-$21||+$0||-$86|
|Cost Adjusted Rate Difference||-0.05%||-0.02%||+0.03%||+0.00%||-0.01%|
|Average Star Rating|
As a summary, Renasant Bank is cheap for FHA and USDA purchase mortgages. It is similar to other lenders for Conforming, Jumbo and VA purchase mortgages. For refinancing, Renasant Bank is cheap for Conforming mortgage refinance. It is similar to other lenders for FHA, Jumbo, USDA and VA mortgage refinance. Nevertheless, individual circumstances can matter a lot for mortgage rates, and we always recommend shopping among several of our top mortgage lenders in your area before signing.
Other information about Renasant Bank:
Registered city and state: TUPELO, MS, 38802-0709
Regulator: Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC)
Top holder: RENASANT CORPORATION
* Source of the data is Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC) and is for mortgages originated in the past year. Our comparable mortgages analysis controls for Renasant Bank’s distribution of loan term (e.g. 30 year vs 15 year), loan-to-value (LTV), debt-to-income (DTI), loan amount, loan program (e.g. Conforming/FHA), loan purpose (e.g. purchase/refinance), and commuting zone. Cost adjusted rates were computed based on each percent of the loan amount in above average loan related closing costs being worth +0.15 of a percentage point in interest rate. Furthermore, the amounts are regularized using a Bayesian approach to control for small samples.