Is Freedom Mortgage Corporation a cheap or expensive mortgage lender? To help you shop for a mortgage, we compare the interest rates and closing costs charged by Freedom Mortgage Corporation to those of other lenders for a comparable set of borrowers. Here is our review of Freedom Mortgage Corporation nationally:
|Review Item||Freedom Mortgage Corporation|
|Interest Rate||similar to other lenders (+0.04%)|
|Loan Related Closing Costs||similar to other lenders (-$6)|
On average, Freedom Mortgage Corporation’s interest rates were similar to those of other lenders (+0.04%). Its loan related closing costs were also similar to those of other lenders, with a difference of -$6. We maintain our independence by not accepting any money from the mortgage lenders we review. To visit Freedom Mortgage Corporation, its website is located at: https://www.freedommortgage.com.
Freedom Mortgage Corporation’s Rate Review by City
Mortgage lenders often set different rates in different geographical markets. For our list of the top mortgage lenders in your area, click here. In particular, among the cities we track Freedom Mortgage Corporation was most active in:
In addition, Freedom Mortgage Corporation is our top ranked/best mortgage lender in terms of interest rate and closing costs in:
- Louisville, KY, for FHA mortgages
- Greensboro, NC, for FHA mortgages
- Frisco, TX, for FHA mortgages
- Thibodaux, LA, overall
- Springfield, MA, for FHA mortgages
- Culpeper, VA, for FHA mortgages
- Willmar, MN, for FHA mortgages
- Elmira, NY, for FHA mortgages
Freedom Mortgage Corporation’s Rate Review by Mortgage Type
Mortgage lenders also tend to charge different interest rates and closing costs depending on the type of mortgage. In our data, Freedom Mortgage Corporation originated Conforming, FHA, Jumbo, USDA and VA mortgages for new home purchases and refinances. Its average interest rate and total loan related closing cost difference relative to other lenders by mortgages type is as follows.
|New Purchase Mortgages||Conforming||FHA||Jumbo||USDA||VA|
|Interest Rate Difference||+0.09%||-0.13%||+0.02%||-0.01%||-0.03%|
|Loan Related Closing Cost Difference||-$130||-$732||+$83||-$58||-$251|
|Cost Adjusted Rate Difference||+0.08%||-0.18%||+0.02%||-0.02%||-0.04%|
|National Star Rating|
|Interest Rate Difference||+0.10%||+0.07%||+0.00%||-0.00%||+0.15%|
|Loan Related Closing Cost Difference||+$260||+$312||-$30||+$39||+$649|
|Cost Adjusted Rate Difference||+0.12%||+0.09%||+0.00%||-0.00%||+0.19%|
|Average Star Rating|
As a summary, Freedom Mortgage Corporation is cheap for FHA purchase mortgages. It is similar to other lenders for Jumbo, USDA and VA purchase mortgages. It is more expensive than other lenders for Conforming purchase mortgages. For refinancing, Freedom Mortgage Corporation is similar to other lenders for Jumbo and USDA mortgage refinance. It is more expensive than other lenders for Conforming, FHA and VA mortgage refinance. Nevertheless, individual circumstances can matter a lot for mortgage rates, and we always recommend shopping among several of our top mortgage lenders in your area before signing.
Other information about Freedom Mortgage Corporation:
Registered city and state: FISHERS, IN, 46037
Regulator: United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
* Source of the data is Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC) and is for mortgages originated in the past year. Our comparable mortgages analysis controls for Freedom Mortgage Corporation’s distribution of loan term (e.g. 30 year vs 15 year), loan-to-value (LTV), debt-to-income (DTI), loan amount, loan program (e.g. Conforming/FHA), loan purpose (e.g. purchase/refinance), and commuting zone. Cost adjusted rates were computed based on each percent of the loan amount in above average loan related closing costs being worth +0.15 of a percentage point in interest rate. Furthermore, the amounts are regularized using a Bayesian approach to control for small samples.