Is CMG Financial a cheap or expensive mortgage lender? To help you shop for a mortgage, we compare the interest rates and closing costs charged by CMG Financial to those of other lenders for a comparable set of borrowers. We maintain our independence by not accepting any money from the mortgage lenders we review. Going by historical data, here is our review of CMG Financial nationally:
|Review Item||CMG Financial|
|Interest Rate||similar to other lenders (+0.00%)|
|Loan Related Closing Costs||similar to other lenders (+$5)|
On average, CMG Financial’s interest rates were similar to those of other lenders (+0.00%) for a comparable set of borrowers. Its loan related closing costs were also similar to those of other lenders, with a difference of +$5. To visit CMG Financial, its website is located at: https://www.cmgfi.com.
CMG Financial’s Rate Review by City
Mortgage lenders often set different rates in different geographical markets. In particular, among the cities we track CMG Financial was most active in:
In addition, CMG Financial is our top ranked/best mortgage lender in terms of interest rate and closing costs in:
- Eugene, OR, for FHA mortgages
- Santa Maria, CA, for FHA mortgages
- Portland, OR, for FHA mortgages
- Bakersfield, CA, for FHA mortgages
- Portland, ME, for FHA mortgages
- Tyler, TX, for FHA mortgages
- Bend, OR, for FHA mortgages
- Keene, NH, for FHA, and VA mortgages
- Medford, OR, for FHA mortgages
- Liberal, KS, overall
- Dumas, TX, overall
- Laredo, TX, overall
You can click through to check out CMG Financial’s mortgage rate relative to those of other lenders within each city. Or, for our entire list of the top mortgage lenders by city, click here.
CMG Financial’s Rate Review by Mortgage Type
Mortgage lenders also tend to charge different interest rates and closing costs depending on the type of mortgage. In our data, CMG Financial originated Conforming, FHA, Jumbo, USDA and VA mortgages for new home purchases and refinances. Its average interest rate and total loan related closing cost difference relative to other lenders by mortgages type is as follows.
|New Purchase Mortgages||Conforming||FHA||Jumbo||USDA||VA|
|Interest Rate Difference||+0.02%||-0.04%||+0.08%||-0.00%||+0.05%|
|Loan Related Closing Cost Difference||+$75||-$49||+$190||+$92||+$205|
|Cost Adjusted Rate Difference||+0.02%||-0.04%||+0.08%||+0.01%||+0.06%|
|National Star Rating|
|Interest Rate Difference||+0.01%||-0.04%||+0.03%||+0.00%||+0.03%|
|Loan Related Closing Cost Difference||-$51||-$215||+$164||+$6||-$339|
|Cost Adjusted Rate Difference||+0.00%||-0.05%||+0.03%||+0.00%||+0.02%|
|Average Star Rating|
As a summary, CMG Financial is similar to other lenders for Conforming, FHA and USDA purchase mortgages. It is more expensive than other lenders for Jumbo and VA purchase mortgages. For refinancing, CMG Financial is cheap for FHA mortgage refinance. It is similar to other lenders for Conforming, Jumbo, USDA and VA mortgage refinance. Nevertheless, individual circumstances can matter a lot for mortgage rates, and we always recommend shopping among several of our top mortgage lenders in your area before signing.
Other information about CMG Financial:
Registered city and state: SAN RAMON,, CA, 94583
Regulator: United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
* Source of the data is Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC) and is for mortgages originated in the past year. Our comparable mortgages analysis controls for CMG Financial’s distribution of loan term (e.g. 30 year vs 15 year), loan-to-value (LTV), debt-to-income (DTI), loan amount, loan program (e.g. Conforming/FHA), loan purpose (e.g. purchase/refinance), and commuting zone. Cost adjusted rates were computed based on each percent of the loan amount in above average loan related closing costs being worth +0.15 of a percentage point in interest rate. Furthermore, the amounts are regularized using a Bayesian approach to control for small samples.