Is Glacier Bank a cheap or expensive mortgage lender? To help you shop for a mortgage, we compare the interest rates and closing costs charged by Glacier Bank to those of other lenders for a comparable set of borrowers. Here is our review of Glacier Bank nationally:
|Review Item||Glacier Bank|
|Interest Rate||similar to other lenders (-0.04%)|
|Loan Related Closing Costs||similar to other lenders (+$12)|
|National Rate and Closing Cost Star Rating||(3.5)|
On average, Glacier Bank’s interest rates were similar to those of other lenders (-0.04%). Its loan related closing costs were also similar to those of other lenders, with a difference of +$12. We maintain our independence by not accepting any money from the mortgage lenders we review. To visit Glacier Bank, check out its website at: https://www.glacierbank.com.
Glacier Bank’s Rate Review by City
Mortgage lenders often set different rates in different geographical markets. For our list of the top mortgage lenders by city, click here. In particular, among the cities we track Glacier Bank was most active in:
In addition, Glacier Bank is our top ranked/best mortgage lender in terms of interest rate and closing costs in:
- Idaho Falls, ID, for Conforming mortgages
- Missoula, MT, for FHA mortgages
- Kalispell, MT, overall
- Helena, MT, for Jumbo mortgages
- Jackson, WY, for VA mortgages
Glacier Bank’s Rate Review by Mortgage Type
Mortgage lenders also tend to charge different interest rates and closing costs depending on the type of mortgage. In our data, Glacier Bank originated Conforming, FHA, Jumbo, USDA and VA mortgages for new home purchases and refinances. Its average interest rate and total loan related closing cost difference relative to other lenders by mortgages type is as follows.
|New Purchase Mortgages||Conforming||FHA||Jumbo||USDA||VA|
|Interest Rate Difference||-0.03%||-0.03%||+0.02%||-0.01%||+0.03%|
|Loan Related Closing Cost Difference||+$68||+$3||+$196||+$21||+$48|
|Cost Adjusted Rate Difference||-0.03%||-0.03%||+0.02%||-0.01%||+0.03%|
|National Star Rating|
|Interest Rate Difference||-0.08%||-0.01%||+0.00%||+0.00%||+0.03%|
|Loan Related Closing Cost Difference||-$82||+$1||+$70||+$0||-$180|
|Cost Adjusted Rate Difference||-0.10%||-0.01%||+0.00%||+0.00%||+0.01%|
|Average Star Rating|
As a summary, Glacier Bank is similar to other lenders for Conforming, FHA, Jumbo, USDA and VA purchase mortgages. For refinancing, Glacier Bank is cheap for Conforming mortgage refinance. It is similar to other lenders for FHA, Jumbo, USDA and VA mortgage refinance. Nevertheless, individual circumstances can matter a lot for mortgage rates, and we always recommend shopping among several of our top mortgage lenders in your area before signing.
Other information about Glacier Bank:
Registered city and state: Kalispell, MT, 59901
Regulator: Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC)
Top holder: GLACIER BANCORP, INC.
* Source of the data is Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC) and is for mortgages originated in the past year. Our comparable mortgages analysis controls for Glacier Bank’s distribution of loan term (e.g. 30 year vs 15 year), loan-to-value (LTV), debt-to-income (DTI), loan amount, loan program (e.g. Conforming/FHA), loan purpose (e.g. purchase/refinance), and commuting zone. Cost adjusted rates were computed based on each percent of the loan amount in above average loan related closing costs being worth +0.15 of a percentage point in interest rate. Furthermore, the amounts are regularized using a Bayesian approach to control for small samples.