Is DHI Mortgage Company Limited a cheap or expensive mortgage lender? To help you shop for a mortgage, we compare the interest rates and closing costs charged by DHI Mortgage Company Limited to those of other lenders for a comparable set of borrowers. Here is our review of DHI Mortgage Company Limited nationally:
|Review Item||DHI Mortgage Company Limited|
|Interest Rate||lower than other lenders (-0.15%)|
|Loan Related Closing Costs||lower than other lenders (-$442)|
|National Rate and Closing Cost Star Rating||(4.5)|
On average, DHI Mortgage Company Limited’s interest rates were lower than those of other lenders (-0.15%). Its loan related closing costs were also lower than those of other lenders, with a difference of -$442. Overall, combining interest rates and closing costs we estimate that DHI Mortgage Company Limited tends to be a cheap lender, and give it a National Rate and Closing Costs Rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars. This is an excellent rating and places it among the top 15% of lenders nationwide.
We maintain our independence by not accepting any money from the mortgage lenders we review. To visit DHI Mortgage Company Limited, check out its website at: https://www.dhimortgage.com.
DHI Mortgage Company Limited’s Rate Review by City
Mortgage lenders often set different rates in different geographical markets. For our list of the top mortgage lenders by city, click here. In particular, among the cities we track DHI Mortgage Company Limited was most active in:
In addition, DHI Mortgage Company Limited is our top ranked/best mortgage lender in terms of interest rate and closing costs in:
- Los Angeles, CA, for FHA mortgages
- Lakeland, FL, overall
- Killeen, TX, overall
- Palm Bay, FL, for VA mortgages
- Charleston, SC, overall
- Fort Collins, CO, for Conforming, and VA mortgages
- Myrtle Beach, SC, for Conforming mortgages
- West Jordan, UT, overall
- Columbia, SC, overall
- Lehi, UT, overall
- Indianapolis, IN, for FHA mortgages
- Ocean City, MD, for FHA mortgages
- Waco, TX, overall
- Bluffton, SC, overall
DHI Mortgage Company Limited’s Rate Review by Mortgage Type
Mortgage lenders also tend to charge different interest rates and closing costs depending on the type of mortgage. In our data, DHI Mortgage Company Limited originated Conforming, FHA, Jumbo, USDA and VA mortgages for new home purchases. It also originated Conforming, FHA, Jumbo and VA mortgages for refinances. Its average interest rate and total loan related closing cost difference relative to other lenders for comparable borrowers by mortgages type is as follows.
|New Purchase Mortgages||Conforming||FHA||Jumbo||USDA||VA|
|Interest Rate Difference||-0.15%||-0.18%||+0.01%||-0.10%||-0.13%|
|Loan Related Closing Cost Difference||-$591||-$563||+$28||-$145||+$63|
|Cost Adjusted Rate Difference||-0.19%||-0.22%||+0.01%||-0.11%||-0.13%|
|National Star Rating|
|Interest Rate Difference||-0.03%||+0.00%||-0.00%||+0.00%|
|Loan Related Closing Cost Difference||-$162||-$63||-$16||-$34|
|Cost Adjusted Rate Difference||-0.04%||-0.00%||-0.00%||+0.00%|
|Average Star Rating|
As a summary, DHI Mortgage Company Limited is cheap for Conforming, FHA, USDA and VA purchase mortgages. It is similar to other lenders for Jumbo purchase mortgages. For refinancing mortgages, DHI Mortgage Company Limited is similar to other lenders for Conforming, FHA, Jumbo and VA mortgage refinance. Nevertheless, individual circumstances can matter a lot for mortgage rates, and we always recommend shopping among several of our top mortgage lenders in your area before signing.
Other information about DHI Mortgage Company Limited:
Registered city and state: Austin, TX, 78750
Regulator: United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
* Source of the data is Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC) and is for mortgages originated in the past year. Our comparable mortgages analysis controls for DHI Mortgage Company Limited’s distribution of loan term (e.g. 30 year vs 15 year), loan-to-value (LTV), debt-to-income (DTI), loan amount, loan program (e.g. Conforming/FHA), loan purpose (e.g. purchase/refinance), and commuting zone. Cost adjusted rates were computed based on each percent of the loan amount in above average loan related closing costs being worth +0.15 of a percentage point in interest rate. Furthermore, the amounts are regularized using a Bayesian approach to control for small samples.