Is HomeAmerican Mortgage Corporation a cheap or expensive mortgage lender? To help you shop for a mortgage, we compare the interest rates and closing costs charged by HomeAmerican Mortgage Corporation to those of other lenders for a comparable set of borrowers. Here is our review of HomeAmerican Mortgage Corporation nationally:
|Review Item||HomeAmerican Mortgage Corporation|
|Interest Rate||similar to other lenders (-0.09%)|
|Loan Related Closing Costs||lower than other lenders (-$705)|
|National Rate and Closing Cost Star Rating||(4)|
On average, HomeAmerican Mortgage Corporation’s interest rates were similar to those of other lenders (-0.09%). On the other hand, its loan related closing costs were lower than those of other lenders, with a difference of -$705. Overall, combining interest rates and closing costs we estimate that HomeAmerican Mortgage Corporation tends to be a cheap lender, and give it a National Rate and Closing Costs Rating of 4 out of 5 stars. We maintain our independence by not accepting any money from the mortgage lenders we review. To visit HomeAmerican Mortgage Corporation, its website is located at: http://www.homeamericanmortgage.com.
HomeAmerican Mortgage Corporation’s Rate Review by City
Mortgage lenders often set different rates in different geographical markets. For our list of the top mortgage lenders in your area, click here. In particular, among the cities we track HomeAmerican Mortgage Corporation was most active in:
In addition, HomeAmerican Mortgage Corporation is our top ranked/best mortgage lender in terms of interest rate and closing costs in:
- Denver, CO, for FHA mortgages
- Las Vegas, NV, for VA mortgages
- Phoenix, AZ, for FHA mortgages
- Tucson, AZ, for FHA mortgages
- Jacksonville, FL, for FHA mortgages
- West Jordan, UT, for FHA mortgages
- Lehi, UT, for FHA mortgages
- Front Royal, VA, for FHA mortgages
HomeAmerican Mortgage Corporation’s Rate Review by Mortgage Type
Mortgage lenders also tend to charge different interest rates and closing costs depending on the type of mortgage. In our data, HomeAmerican Mortgage Corporation originated Conforming, FHA, Jumbo, USDA and VA mortgages for new home purchases. Its average interest rate and total loan related closing cost difference relative to other lenders for comparable borrowers by mortgages type is as follows.
|New Purchase Mortgages||Conforming||FHA||Jumbo||USDA||VA|
|Interest Rate Difference||+0.01%||-0.32%||+0.03%||-0.02%||-0.14%|
|Loan Related Closing Cost Difference||-$773||-$854||-$86||-$58||-$438|
|Cost Adjusted Rate Difference||-0.03%||-0.36%||+0.02%||-0.02%||-0.16%|
|National Star Rating|
As a summary, HomeAmerican Mortgage Corporation is cheap for FHA and VA purchase mortgages. It is similar to other lenders for Conforming, Jumbo and USDA purchase mortgages. Nevertheless, individual circumstances can matter a lot for mortgage rates, and we always recommend shopping among several of our top mortgage lenders in your area before signing.
Other information about HomeAmerican Mortgage Corporation:
Registered city and state: DENVER, CO, 80237
Regulator: United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
* Source of the data is Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC) and is for mortgages originated in the past year. Our comparable mortgages analysis controls for HomeAmerican Mortgage Corporation’s distribution of loan term (e.g. 30 year vs 15 year), loan-to-value (LTV), debt-to-income (DTI), loan amount, loan program (e.g. Conforming/FHA), loan purpose (e.g. purchase/refinance), and commuting zone. Cost adjusted rates were computed based on each percent of the loan amount in above average loan related closing costs being worth +0.15 of a percentage point in interest rate. Furthermore, the amounts are regularized using a Bayesian approach to control for small samples.