Is Banner Bank a cheap or expensive mortgage lender? To help you shop for a mortgage, we compare the interest rates and closing costs charged by Banner Bank to those of other lenders for a comparable set of borrowers. Here is our review of Banner Bank nationally:
|Review Item||Banner Bank|
|Interest Rate||similar to other lenders (-0.03%)|
|Loan Related Closing Costs||similar to other lenders (-$173)|
On average, Banner Bank’s interest rates were similar to those of other lenders (-0.03%). Its loan related closing costs were also similar to those of other lenders, with a difference of -$173. We maintain our independence by not accepting any money from the mortgage lenders we review. To visit Banner Bank, its website is located at: https://www.bannerbank.com.
Banner Bank’s Rate Review by City
Mortgage lenders often set different rates in different geographical markets. For our list of the top mortgage lenders in your area, click here. In particular, among the cities we track Banner Bank was most active in:
In addition, Banner Bank is our top ranked/best mortgage lender in terms of interest rate and closing costs in:
- Kennewick, WA, for FHA mortgages
- Yakima, WA, for VA mortgages
- Hermiston, OR, for FHA mortgages
- La Grande, OR, overall
- Hayden, ID, for FHA mortgages
Banner Bank’s Rate Review by Mortgage Type
Mortgage lenders also tend to charge different interest rates and closing costs depending on the type of mortgage. In our data, Banner Bank originated Conforming, FHA, Jumbo, USDA and VA mortgages for new home purchases. It also originated Conforming, FHA, Jumbo and VA mortgages for refinances. Its average interest rate and total loan related closing cost difference relative to other lenders for comparable borrowers by mortgages type is as follows.
|New Purchase Mortgages||Conforming||FHA||Jumbo||USDA||VA|
|Interest Rate Difference||-0.00%||-0.12%||+0.02%||-0.03%||-0.03%|
|Loan Related Closing Cost Difference||-$153||-$344||+$26||-$66||-$33|
|Cost Adjusted Rate Difference||-0.02%||-0.14%||+0.02%||-0.03%||-0.04%|
|National Star Rating|
|Interest Rate Difference||-0.04%||-0.03%||+0.03%||-0.04%|
|Loan Related Closing Cost Difference||-$176||-$99||+$89||-$283|
|Cost Adjusted Rate Difference||-0.05%||-0.04%||+0.03%||-0.05%|
|Average Star Rating|
As a summary, Banner Bank is cheap for FHA purchase mortgages. It is similar to other lenders for Conforming, Jumbo, USDA and VA purchase mortgages. For refinancing mortgages, Banner Bank is cheap for Conforming and VA mortgage refinance. It is similar to other lenders for FHA and Jumbo mortgage refinance. Nevertheless, individual circumstances can matter a lot for mortgage rates, and we always recommend shopping among several of our top mortgage lenders in your area before signing.
Other information about Banner Bank:
Registered city and state: Portland, OR, 97204
Regulator: Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC)
Top holder: BANNER CORPORATION
* Source of the data is Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC) and is for mortgages originated in the past year. Our comparable mortgages analysis controls for Banner Bank’s distribution of loan term (e.g. 30 year vs 15 year), loan-to-value (LTV), debt-to-income (DTI), loan amount, loan program (e.g. Conforming/FHA), loan purpose (e.g. purchase/refinance), and commuting zone. Cost adjusted rates were computed based on each percent of the loan amount in above average loan related closing costs being worth +0.15 of a percentage point in interest rate. Furthermore, the amounts are regularized using a Bayesian approach to control for small samples.