Is Plaza Home Mortgage a cheap or expensive mortgage lender? To help you shop for a mortgage, we compare the interest rates and closing costs charged by Plaza Home Mortgage to those of other lenders for a comparable set of borrowers. Here is our review of Plaza Home Mortgage nationally:
|Review Item||Plaza Home Mortgage|
|Interest Rate||similar to other lenders (-0.01%)|
|Loan Related Closing Costs||similar to other lenders (-$222)|
|National Rate and Closing Cost Star Rating||(3.5)|
On average, Plaza Home Mortgage’s interest rates were similar to those of other lenders (-0.01%). Its loan related closing costs were also similar to those of other lenders, with a difference of -$222. We maintain our independence by not accepting any money from the mortgage lenders we review. To visit Plaza Home Mortgage, check out its website at: https://www.plazahomemortgage.com.
Plaza Home Mortgage’s Rate Review by City
Mortgage lenders often set different rates in different geographical markets. For our list of the top mortgage lenders by city, click here. In particular, among the cities we track Plaza Home Mortgage was most active in:
In addition, Plaza Home Mortgage is our top ranked/best mortgage lender in terms of interest rate and closing costs in:
- Urban Honolulu, HI, for VA mortgages
- Kokomo, IN, overall
- Prescott Valley, AZ, for FHA mortgages
- Roseburg, OR, for FHA mortgages
- Oneonta, NY, for VA mortgages
- Elmira, NY, for VA mortgages
Plaza Home Mortgage’s Rate Review by Mortgage Type
Mortgage lenders also tend to charge different interest rates and closing costs depending on the type of mortgage. In our data, Plaza Home Mortgage originated Conforming, FHA, Jumbo, USDA and VA mortgages for new home purchases and refinances. Its average interest rate and total loan related closing cost difference relative to other lenders by mortgages type is as follows.
|New Purchase Mortgages||Conforming||FHA||Jumbo||USDA||VA|
|Interest Rate Difference||+0.07%||-0.06%||+0.09%||-0.02%||+0.00%|
|Loan Related Closing Cost Difference||-$43||-$391||+$154||-$120||-$128|
|Cost Adjusted Rate Difference||+0.06%||-0.09%||+0.09%||-0.03%||-0.01%|
|National Star Rating|
|Interest Rate Difference||+0.01%||-0.07%||+0.04%||-0.00%||-0.11%|
|Loan Related Closing Cost Difference||-$104||-$359||+$94||-$17||-$416|
|Cost Adjusted Rate Difference||-0.00%||-0.09%||+0.04%||-0.00%||-0.13%|
|Average Star Rating|
As a summary, Plaza Home Mortgage is cheap for FHA purchase mortgages. It is similar to other lenders for USDA and VA purchase mortgages. It is more expensive than other lenders for Conforming and Jumbo purchase mortgages. For refinancing, Plaza Home Mortgage is cheap for FHA and VA mortgage refinance. It is similar to other lenders for Conforming, Jumbo and USDA mortgage refinance. Nevertheless, individual circumstances can matter a lot for mortgage rates, and we always recommend shopping among several of our top mortgage lenders in your area before signing.
Other information about Plaza Home Mortgage:
Registered city and state: SAN DIEGO, CA, 92121
Regulator: United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
* Source of the data is Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC) and is for mortgages originated in the past year. Our comparable mortgages analysis controls for Plaza Home Mortgage’s distribution of loan term (e.g. 30 year vs 15 year), loan-to-value (LTV), debt-to-income (DTI), loan amount, loan program (e.g. Conforming/FHA), loan purpose (e.g. purchase/refinance), and commuting zone. Cost adjusted rates were computed based on each percent of the loan amount in above average loan related closing costs being worth +0.15 of a percentage point in interest rate. Furthermore, the amounts are regularized using a Bayesian approach to control for small samples.