Is Guild Mortgage Company a cheap or expensive mortgage lender? We compare the interest rates and closing costs charged by Guild Mortgage Company with other lenders for comparable mortgages. Nationally, here is what we find:
|Interest Rate||similar to average (+0.03%)|
|Loan Related Closing Costs||higher than average (+$410)|
|National Rate and Closing Cost Rating||(3.5)|
On average, Guild Mortgage Company’s interest rates were similar to those of other lenders (+0.03%) for a comparable set of borrowers. Its average total loan related closing cost was higher than those of other lenders, with a difference of +$410. Overall, combining interest rates and closing costs we estimate that Guild Mortgage Company tends to be an average cost lender, and give it a National Rate and Closing Costs Rating of 3.5 out of 5.0 stars.
Guild Mortgage Company’s Rates by Area
Mortgage lenders often set different rates in different geographical markets. In particular, among the markets we track Guild Mortgage Company was most active in:
Furthermore, Guild Mortgage Company is our top ranked mortgage lender in terms of interest rate and closing costs in:
- Pinetop-Lakeside, AZ, for FHA mortgages
- Elko, NV, for FHA mortgages
- Redding, CA, overall
- Montrose, CO, for VA mortgages
- Hermiston, OR, for VA mortgages
- Village of Four Seasons, MO, for FHA mortgages
- Jasper, AL, for FHA, and VA mortgages
- Burley, ID, for VA mortgages
- The Dalles, OR, overall
You can click through to check out Guild Mortgage Company’s mortgage rate competitiveness by area. Or, for our data driven ranking of all the top mortgage lenders by area, click here.
Guild Mortgage Company’s Rates by Mortgage Type
Mortgage lenders also tend to charge different interest rates and closing costs depending on the type of mortgage. In our data, Guild Mortgage Company originated Conforming, FHA, Jumbo, USDA and VA mortgages for new home purchases and refinances. We breakdown its interest rate and total loan related closing cost difference relative to other lenders for comparable mortgages by type in the table below.
|New Purchase Mortgages||Conforming||FHA||Jumbo||USDA||VA|
|Interest Rate Difference||+0.06%||+0.03%||+0.08%||+0.00%||+0.04%|
|Loan Related Closing Cost Difference||+$539||+$544||+$472||+$152||+$492|
|Cost Adjusted Rate Difference||+0.07%||+0.06%||+0.09%||+0.02%||+0.06%|
|Interest Rate Difference||+0.01%||-0.06%||+0.06%||-0.00%||-0.05%|
|Loan Related Closing Cost Difference||+$302||-$22||+$297||+$4||-$207|
|Cost Adjusted Rate Difference||+0.03%||-0.07%||+0.06%||+0.00%||-0.06%|
As a summary, Guild Mortgage Company is similar to other lenders for USDA purchase mortgages. It is more expensive than other lenders for Conforming, FHA, Jumbo and VA purchase mortgages. For refinancing, Guild Mortgage Company is cheap for FHA and VA mortgage refinance. It is similar to other lenders for Conforming and USDA mortgage refinance. It is more expensive than other lenders for Jumbo mortgage refinance. Nevertheless, individual circumstances can matter, and we always recommend shopping among several lenders in your area before signing.
Other information about Guild Mortgage Company:
Registered city and state: SAN DIEGO, CA, 92111
Regulator: United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
* Source of the data is Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC) and is for mortgages originated in the past year. Our comparable mortgages analysis controls for Guild Mortgage Company’s distribution of loan term (e.g. 30 year vs 15 year), loan-to-value (LTV), debt-to-income (DTI), loan amount, loan program (e.g. Conforming/FHA), loan purpose (e.g. purchase/refinance), and commuting zone. Cost adjusted rates were computed based on each percent of the loan amount in above average loan related closing costs being worth +0.15 of a percentage point in interest rate. Furthermore, the amounts are regularized using a Bayesian approach to control for small samples.