Is Guaranty Home Mortgage Corporation a cheap or expensive mortgage lender? To help you shop for a mortgage, we compare the interest rates and closing costs charged by Guaranty Home Mortgage Corporation to those of other lenders for a comparable set of borrowers. Here is our review of Guaranty Home Mortgage Corporation nationally:
|Review Item||Guaranty Home Mortgage Corporation|
|Interest Rate||similar to other lenders (-0.04%)|
|Loan Related Closing Costs||similar to other lenders (-$223)|
|National Rate and Closing Cost Star Rating||(4)|
On average, Guaranty Home Mortgage Corporation’s interest rates were similar to those of other lenders (-0.04%). Its loan related closing costs were also similar to those of other lenders, with a difference of -$223. Overall, combining interest rates and closing costs we estimate that Guaranty Home Mortgage Corporation tends to be an average cost lender, and give it a National Rate and Closing Costs Rating of 4 out of 5 stars. We maintain our independence by not accepting any money from the mortgage lenders we review. To visit Guaranty Home Mortgage Corporation, its website is located at: https://www.ghmloans.com.
Guaranty Home Mortgage Corporation’s Rate Review by City
Mortgage lenders often set different rates in different geographical markets. For our list of the top mortgage lenders in your area, click here. In particular, among the cities we track Guaranty Home Mortgage Corporation was most active in:
In addition, Guaranty Home Mortgage Corporation is our top ranked/best mortgage lender in terms of interest rate and closing costs in:
- Knoxville, TN, for FHA mortgages
- Jackson, TN, for FHA mortgages
- Johnson City, TN, for FHA mortgages
- St. Simons, GA, overall
- Swanton, MD, for FHA mortgages
- Henderson, KY, for FHA mortgages
Guaranty Home Mortgage Corporation’s Rate Review by Mortgage Type
Mortgage lenders also tend to charge different interest rates and closing costs depending on the type of mortgage. In our data, Guaranty Home Mortgage Corporation originated Conforming, FHA, Jumbo, USDA and VA mortgages for new home purchases and refinances. Its average interest rate and total loan related closing cost difference relative to other lenders by mortgages type is as follows.
|New Purchase Mortgages||Conforming||FHA||Jumbo||USDA||VA|
|Interest Rate Difference||-0.03%||-0.11%||+0.02%||-0.02%||-0.02%|
|Loan Related Closing Cost Difference||-$132||-$202||+$58||-$15||+$63|
|Cost Adjusted Rate Difference||-0.03%||-0.12%||+0.02%||-0.02%||-0.02%|
|National Star Rating|
|Interest Rate Difference||-0.05%||-0.10%||+0.01%||+0.00%||-0.02%|
|Loan Related Closing Cost Difference||-$489||-$288||+$11||-$14||-$164|
|Cost Adjusted Rate Difference||-0.08%||-0.12%||+0.01%||+0.00%||-0.03%|
|Average Star Rating|
As a summary, Guaranty Home Mortgage Corporation is cheap for FHA purchase mortgages. It is similar to other lenders for Conforming, Jumbo, USDA and VA purchase mortgages. For refinancing, Guaranty Home Mortgage Corporation is cheap for Conforming and FHA mortgage refinance. It is similar to other lenders for Jumbo, USDA and VA mortgage refinance. Nevertheless, individual circumstances can matter a lot for mortgage rates, and we always recommend shopping among several of our top mortgage lenders in your area before signing.
Other information about Guaranty Home Mortgage Corporation:
Registered city and state: MURFREESBORO, TN, 37129
Regulator: United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
Top holder: VOLUNTEER STATE BANCSHARES, INC.
* Source of the data is Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC) and is for mortgages originated in the past year. Our comparable mortgages analysis controls for Guaranty Home Mortgage Corporation’s distribution of loan term (e.g. 30 year vs 15 year), loan-to-value (LTV), debt-to-income (DTI), loan amount, loan program (e.g. Conforming/FHA), loan purpose (e.g. purchase/refinance), and commuting zone. Cost adjusted rates were computed based on each percent of the loan amount in above average loan related closing costs being worth +0.15 of a percentage point in interest rate. Furthermore, the amounts are regularized using a Bayesian approach to control for small samples.